Friday, June 29, 2012

"Life's Directions"

I know one thing we all struggle with in life is what directions to take. Should I do this or should I do that, or I just don't really know what to do. It would be easy for us to become so overwhelmed by the pressures of the world today if we let it. There seems to be so many more distractions that cause us to become confused about what's right and what's wrong. God has a plan for each and every one of us (Psalm 32:8- "I will instruct you and teach you in a way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you"). Not all receive and carry out His plan for them. It depends upon how willing we are to follow Him and be led by the Holy Spirit. You see, we all have a choice whether to live life by God's perfect plan or to try and fulfill our own destiny (Deuteronomy 30:19- "I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live").  If we could all just understand God longs to guide us with love and wisdom rather than punishment. He wants what's best for us, He sees what's ahead for us (Proverbs 16:9- "A man's heart deviseth his way: but the Lord directeth his steps"). We need to remember we are all at our most vulnerable moments when we are going through suffering and pain. We must hold on to our faith even if there is no relief.  Job struggled emotionally, physically, and spiritually while enduring his trial. I, myself, find it very difficult to pray when I'm in severe pain (which is most of the time). But, I'm quickly relieved when I'm reminded of what Paul said, "God's Grace is Sufficient!"  I want you to know, God is capable of rescuing us from suffering, but he may also allow suffering to come for reasons we cannot understand. Our trials and suffering are for His glory (Galatians 6:9- "And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not"). God wants us to know Him to receive His blessings and to live a life of peace, purpose, and pardon. So, I leave you with a scripture to ponder on. It is found in Jeremiah 29:13, it says: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment