Tuesday, June 12, 2012

"No Pain, No Gain"

I've titled today's blog, "No Pain, No Gain".  The purpose for this is for the past four years I've been in constant chronic pain due to a degenerative disc disease located in the thoracic region of my back.  This experience has been extremely painful both physically and emotionally.  I've dealt with depression because of the severe pain, and anger because of the depression. It seems like a vicious cycle. Not really knowing how to create an avenue to release it all. I used to work out to help relieve the stresses of life. Well, that quickly came to a halt when my health started to deteriorate.  Another area I've struggled in and continue to do so is the mental arena.  It has been a grueling road, but well worth it, knowing that God is glorified through our lives no matter what we go through. We have the choice to move forward and trust Him or we choose to abandon all we've been taught. Well, I have chosen to stand and fight regardless of how I feel. We must remember that God is still in control when we least feel Him.  I have good news, God's grace is sufficient! Paul tells us in 2 Corinthians 12:9-"But he said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weakness, so that Christ's power may rest on me."  I remind myself of this all the time, sometimes all day long. I leave you with a thought:  We were never intended to live this life alone, but also to rely on our Father in Heaven and realize we are are to edify one another (Ephesians 4:29- "Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs that it may benefit those who listen." 

No comments:

Post a Comment