Tuesday, July 10, 2012

"Struggling with Feelings"

Bear with me while I share a momentary feeling, here goes:

Words To God
I'm tired of sitting here in these four walls,
the anger inside me brings out the claws,
Mentally I feel like I'm going insane,
I wake up each morning with my brain feeling drained,
I know Holy Spirit you are here,
the Word says you are near,
You always turn me in the right direction,
and when I'm not I receive your correction,
At times I feel so lonely,
But I know You are changing me slowly,
I'm looking for the light at the end of the tunnel,
at the same time dealing with all my struggles,
I'm clear to what you say,
In the Word You will always stay.

I wrote this poem about a week ago. I was feeling lots of physical pain and somewhat depressed. So, I took out a piece of paper and jotted down the words that I was feeling. The reason I'm going into so much detail in sharing my inner thoughts with all of you is because we all struggle with different types of feelings. Some good, some not so good. But the point is we all struggle.  Did you know a feeling is a mood?  We can't always go based on our feelings at the time. Feelings are temporary! I could feel one way one minute and another way the next. Have you struggled with the feeling "Am I good enough?" I think it safe to say, we all have. Some more than others. I believe I'm in the "more" category. Let's think about this. Is it really that I'm not "good enough" or should we ask ourselves "Do I have what it takes?" Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:7- "For God hath not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."  We live in a world that is constantly telling us we can never measure up. But I know different. We need not be afraid to open up to our Father in Heaven. Remember, he created us and knows us better than we know ourselves (Psalms 139:13-16- "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb." (14)"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."(15)"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,(16) your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.")  Because we are followers of Jesus, we have a direct communication with our Father God. When we feel we are drowning in troubles, we can ask God to help us, hold us steady, and protect us.
So, I leave you with one thought: Is it going to be worth it all? I think so based on James 1:12-"Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment