Friday, June 15, 2012

"Love Your Neighbor"

Let me start by saying, I think it's crazy to think we all have it together. I mean, we all have things we are continually working on. Some with physical disabilities, some with mental, and some with both.  When we are not motivated by love, we have a greater chance to become more critical.  At this time, it's easier to stop looking for the good in someone, and start putting more focus on their faults. I believe it's only human nature to do so.  However, we've been given instructions by God in His Word, to pretty much "treat people the way you want to be treated".  A question for thought: Have you focused on others shortcomings instead of their strengths? I know we can all say we have. Let us be reminded in Galatians 5:14-15- "The entire law is summed up in a single command: Love your neighbor as yourself, (15) If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other."  So, I challenge you, when we begin to feel critical of someone, lets step back and take a look at that persons positive qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment