Tuesday, July 24, 2012

"The Master's Art"




I think we can all say life is brief and full of trouble. Sickness, loneliness, disappointment and death can cause us all to think life is not fair. Truth be known, life isn't fair most of the time. I have experienced this in my own life dealing with a physical disability. As I'm sure all of you have too. But, I also know, that lots of times God uses trials for our own spiritual growth. You know, He wants us to totally rely on Him. It's during these trials that we have the opportunity to become closer to knowing the true face of God and how much He really loves us. We can also be given direction for our lives at this time. God's character goes into the creation of every person. When we start feeling worthless or even begin to hate ourselves, we need to remember that God's Spirit is ready and willing to work within us. There are times when we feel so beaten down that we have nothing left to give. Let me bring something to light for you. Before a sculptor begins chiseling out his foreseen masterpiece it is just an ordinary piece of clay.  However, it doesn't stay that way. The sculptor begins by taking off the rough edges, then proceeds to mold the clay into art unrecognizable to when he first began. You see much like a sculptor God does something similar to us when we choose to follow Him. He wants us to be more like Him. And the only way for this transformation to take place is if we choose to allow Him to work in us. We all have trouble seeing us the way God does. If we are not careful, this kind of thinking could allow the devil to rent space in our heads. And that's not good! Our Father God created us (Psalm 139:13-16-(13) "For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb. (14) I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (15) My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.(16) Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being imperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them")  the way He wants us. So I leave you with one thought; don't let anyone or anything hinder the work God is trying to do in you. Because He does KNOW what's best for you! He knew you before you knew yourself! 



No comments:

Post a Comment