Tuesday, October 8, 2013

"Weighed Down To Be Lifted Up"

"I might step on some toes, including mine, so here goes. I'm not sure why some people must act ugly. My personal experience is from other Christians. It seems so easy and natural for them to point out your flaws and judge you for your mistakes. While, all along they have their own issues. It's rare for me to voice my opinion regarding this. But, it is all too real for me. Now, let me say, I have been guilty of this a time or two, and really felt convicted by the Holy Spirit. Which is why, I feel compelled to bring it up. A good rule of thumb is, Satan condemns, and God convicts. God, teaches us, while the devil tears down. As Christians, we are of the same family; the Family of God Almighty. You can't be "grandfathered in" into a relationship with Jesus. It's a personal relationship, we must receive it intimately and personally between Jesus and ourselves. No one can do this for us. Jesus wants our hearts to be willingly relinquished by each of us independently. We each have the choice to make a decision to follow Jesus or not. That is our choice. No one can make it for us. We certainly are not called to judge one another. We are all "works in progress". I think we forget this vital point. We are all at different stages of our walk with the Lord. None of us are at the same place. And it's really not fair or just that we judge according to our personal prospective, that's God's job. We all have things in our lives we are working through with the Lord. I want to share that I am simply a man who seeks a better way. I've made some mistakes and will make some more. But one day, I'm going to hear my Lord and Savior Jesus say "Well done my good and faithful servant." We are called by God to love one another, that includes forgiving each other for wrongs done to us. (Matthew 18:21-22-"Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times? (22) Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times.) Another words Jesus is saying we are to forgive with no limits. It is hard, but by forgiving someone, it gives you the freedom, not the person you are forgiving.

So, I challenge each of us to search our own hearts and take it to Jesus. The good news is Jesus has already redeemed all of us from any mistakes we have made in the past, or will ever make." Be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment