Sunday, August 11, 2013

"Persevere"

Proverbs 24:10-"If you falter in times of trouble, how small is your strength." Times of trouble can be useful. They can show who you really are, what kind of character you have developed. In addition, they can help you grow stronger. When Jeremiah questioned God because of the trouble he faced God asked "how he ever expected to face big challenges if the little one's tired him out?" (Jeremiah 12:5-"If you have raced with men on foot and they have worn you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in safe country, how will you manage in the thickets by the Jordan?) Don't complain about your problems. The trouble you face today is training you to be stronger for the more difficult situations you will face in the future.

Just because you don't feel or see anything happening, doesn't mean God isn't working. He always works behind the scenes first. God will never let you down! (Hebrews 13:5-6-"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you;  never will I forsake you.”So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.  What can mere mortals do to me?”) God is saying, "Everything will work out! I'm in control." I know what the medical report says, I know what the financial situation looks like. I see your dreams. Just trust me!" So, I encourage you to do the same today.

No comments:

Post a Comment