Monday, March 31, 2014

"God Moves In All Ways"

I want to talk for a moment about being a vessel for God. If any of you are like me, I don't feel worthy to be used by God.  Mostly, because I can't seem to get all of my stuff together...

One day, I was praying and I felt the Holy Spirit tug on my heart and say, "You don't have to have all of your stuff together, you just need to be a willing vessel". I was so blown away, because it is true for all of us. If we were to wait for God to use us until we cleaned our lives up, we would never get there. I felt God saying, "My Grace is Sufficient, I will do the cleaning..I just need you to be willing..I will direct you, if you are willing". You know, at that very moment, I felt a heavy burden lift. Because, I knew Jesus has already done the cleaning, I just needed to surrender and let God's Grace does the rest! That is so powerful! God is faithful, even when we aren't.

Let's take a look at 1 Kings 19:11-13  for a minute "the Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.” Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave. Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?” (Elijah knew that the sound of gentle whisper was God's voice. He realized that God doesn't reveal Himself only in powerful, miraculous ways. To look for God in something big (rallies, churches, conferences, highly visible leaders) may be to miss Him because He is often found gently whispering in the quietness of a humbled heart.)

So, I ask all of us just one question. How are we looking or listening for God? Let's step back from the noise in activity of our busy life and listen humbly and quietly for His guidance. It may come when we least expect it. Stay awesome and encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment