Monday, August 6, 2012

"Not On Deaf Ears"

We have all felt that sometimes God doesn't hear our prayers because we don't get an answer. And sometimes the wait can be long...very long. I'm talking trials may last months maybe years. But the truth is, God hears every word that we speak ("For I know their works and their thoughts: it shall come, that I will gather all nations and tongues; and they shall come, and see my glory"- Isaiah 66:18). I envision God's ears perking up when we start talking to Him. Now, that's just my take on it. We must understand God's time table is usually different than ours. I've experienced what seemed to be "dead silence" when I would sit down to pray. But, God calls us to seek Him ("But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you"-Matthew 6:3) even when we aren't getting the answers we need right away. I, personally have chosen to seek God out and trust Him while waiting for this trial to end, you know, to persevere (2 Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3 because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. 4 Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything"-James 1:2-4). It's hard, but I'm looking down the road, not at my current circumstance. And if this trial doesn't end for me while I'm still on this earth, it will when I get to Heaven ("2 Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, 3 because when we are clothed, we will not be found naked. 4 For while we are in this tent, we groan and are burdened, because we do not wish to be unclothed but to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling, so that what is mortal may be swallowed up by life."-2 Corinthians 5:4). Paul is talking about our present bodies making us groan, but when we die we will not be spirits without bodies. We will have new bodies that will be perfect for our everlasting life (I know I took a detour, anyway back on track now). Our Father wants to hear from us. He wants to communicate with us, whether reading His Word or waiting patiently in prayer. Our prayer life should be a revolving door. What I mean is, we shouldn't do all the talking, but also listening. But in the meantime, we can learn how to follow God by meditating on His Word. Meditating simply means spending time reading and thinking about what you have read. Try asking yourself what changes you could make so you're living as God wants. Knowing and meditating on the Word are the first steps toward developing a closer relationship to our Father in Heaven ("but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night"-Psalm 1:2). So, I challenge you to dive into God's Word to get to know Him. You won't be disappointed with what you'll find! There is peace in the Word, it is alive! 

No comments:

Post a Comment