Thursday, January 30, 2014

"Growth Is Painful"

"I feel like a banana that's being peeled one strand at a time. And each time a strand is pulled off it causes extreme pain. It's as if the peels are the outer shell of my life, and God is ridding me of all things that He knows I don't need in my life. It is extremely painful and sometimes very grieving. Only to think, I know there's got to be a reason for all of this because Romans 8:28 says "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." So, as we surrender our lives to Him, we give Him free reign to start peeling off the edges of the areas in our life that don't need to be there. Just like a mother must go through pain to have a child, but once the child is here, the pain is soon forgotten. From my experience, sometimes we must go through what seems to be excruciating pain whether its physical or emotional first, before we experience what God has for us."

"I am painfully learning that joy doesn't come from the outside, it comes from the inside. And that, only God can bring us true joy...Joy unspeakable! When we've lived our lives, and done things a certain way for so many years, it's hard to let go and allow God to shape us and mold us into what He wants."


These feet are my feet, and they symbolize that Jesus keeps them walking; literally and spiritually speaking..I've been through a lot, some things in which I brought on myself, and other things I didn't..However, God is good enough not to punish me, but to love me and re-direct my life, my steps, if you will..We serve a loving Father who wants the best for us. So, if you've ever thought, "I just can't go on anymore", look down at your feet as a reminder that God has kept you walking and He will never give up on you..He loves you and I more than we can ever imagine. No matter how much of a mess we have made our lives..Look to Him and trust Him with your heart today..Will you? I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment